YONEX VCORE 98D (Juan Monaco) - Tennis Racquet (Grip 1 Only)
The VCore 98 D offers nice power with excellent spin potential in a control oriented frame. Yonex's ISOMETRIC head shape increases the number of main and cross strings that meet in the centre of the racquet to produce a sweet spot which gives a 7% more effective hitting area. The deeper grooves in the 3D Vector Shaft improve racquet stiffness and reduce twisting of the frame for 20% more face stability than a conventional racquet. The result is precise control at impact and greater bite for the most efficient transfer of power. Using a revolutionary cross-linking pattern, X-Fullerene bonds the carbon fibres at the top of the frame, preventing the face twisting from hard impacts. This also allows for a thinner frame, reducing air resistance but retaining quick maneuverability. With VCore racquets, the grommets are structured to prevent string movement and to maintain string bed tension.
This model is based on the one endorsed on the ATP Tour by Juan Monaco.
- Head Size: 98 square inches
- Length: 27 inches
- Weight: 10.7 oz. (unstrung), 11.3 oz. (strung)
- Balance: 6 points head light (strung)
- Ideal Swing: Medium to long
- String Pattern: 16 mains/20 crosses
- Beam Width: 22.5 mm/22.5 mm/22 mm
- NTRP: 4.0-7.0
- Grip size is 1 only (4 1/8)
- Racquet is Unstrung.
* Note: Pros often customize the racket they use. Racket specifications on endorsed consumer models may vary from the models used by Pros for match-play.